Now, a BIOS is incorporated in every computer system, irrespective of the brand. The Operating system cannot work without a BIOS. The full form of BIOS is Basic Input Output System. It checks the system configuration and other settings before the operating system gets booted up. It also checks the functionality of various system hardware utilities before the time of booting. Like all other systems, Sony laptops also have a BIOS. The BIOS can be used to perform various modifications like altering the time settings, changing the boot time preferences, etc. Here are the instructions to alter the time setting of the system BIOS of a Sony laptop.
Sony support laptop instructions to change time settings
Have a close look at the instructions and do not skip any.
The BIOS of your laptop cannot be loaded like an ordinary software program. You cannot access it after you have already loaded your system.
- If you have already loaded your system, shutdown the laptop and then reboot it. Before you perform the shutdown function, make sure that you have closed all the programs.
- Now the BIOS of your laptop should be accessed prior to the appearance of the Sony logo on the screen. Hit the F2 or the F3 button to launch the BIOS.
- Make use of the arrow keys for the purpose of navigation. Select the Main tab by navigating towards the left of the screen. Hit the down arrow to move to the System Time. Hit Enter when you reach the System Time option.
- This will open the options to modify the time setting in the system. Suppose, if you need to enter the value as 5.00, you need to type 05 in the respective space. After you are done with entering the hour, you may enter the minutes. Hit the Enter key to type in the value of the minutes.
- Repeat the process to enter the value for seconds. After you have entered the value for seconds, hit the Enter key. Now, you have set the time for your system.
- Now you may move to the System Date option. Hit the Enter key to type in the date.
- Follow the same procedure as mentioned above, to enter the details of the month and the year.
- Now you need to save all the modifications made in the BIOS. Hit the F10 key to perform the same. Make use of the right arrow to select the Exit option.
Hope you like the article. Contact the Sony support laptop team for further clarifications about the same.